Decolonization/Reconciliation, Settler-Allyship, Sociology of Conflicting Desires, Political Economy of Resource Extraction, Social Networks.
Indigenous Issues, Decolonization/Reconciliation, Race & Ethnicity, Social Movements, Social Networks, Political Sociology, Big Data, Statistics, Culture, Citizenship & Nationality, Theory
Howe, A. (2017). Synthesizing the Canadian Colonial State Field with Contemporary Organizational Network Perspectives. In P. Albanese, L. Tepperman, & E. Alexander (eds.), Reading Sociology. Oxford University Press.
Howe, A. & Wilkes, R. (Undergoing Review). Activist Public Relations: Moving from Frames as Objects to Framing as a Dynamic Process. In A. Adi (ed.), Protest Public Relations: Communicating Dissent and Activism. Routledge.
I have assisted teaching in a number of substantive areas (outlined below). This includes a number of guest lectures.
- Introduction to Sociology (1st year)
- Survey Research Methods (2nd year)
- Crime and Society (2nd year)
- Sociology of Natural Resources (3rd year)
- Research Methods (3rd year)
- Social Statistics (3rd year)
- Sociology of the Life Course (3rd year)