The GSCS (or Graduate Student Council of Sociology) is the grad student organization in the Department of Sociology at UBC. Our goal is to promote the interests of sociology graduate students both individually and collectively, and to foster a sense of community among sociology graduate students.
You can view our website here.
Below are the members of the GSCS Executive for 2017-2018:
- President:Kate Jaffe
- VP Academic: Lily Ivanova
- VP External:Kelsea Perry
- VP Finance:Adam Howe
- Graduate Conference Chair:Adam Howe
- Graduate Conference Committee:Kate Jaffe, Will Keats-Osborn, Kyle Sutherland, Nick Chretien, Emily Truong
- Wellness and Social Chair(s):Nicole Malette, Emily Truong
- Mentorship Program Chair: Nicole Malette
- Faculty MA/PhD Representatives:Jiaxin Gu, Max Chewinski
- Faculty Seminar Series Representative(s): Max Chewinski, Zack Hyde
- ANSO Building Representative: Christina Treleaven
- Faculty Hiring Committee Representative(s): Valerie Berseth (Environment), Emily Truong (Indigenous), Nicole Malette (Instructor)