Migration, Ethnic Relations, Social Interaction, Development, Research Methods and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
I am currently working on the following projects:
- Intercultural Contact and Friendship formation in Canada
- Migration and identities in the Caribbean
Somerville, Kara and Robinson, Oral. 2016. “Keeping up appearances within the ethnic community: a disconnect between first and second generation South Asians”. Canadian Ethnic Studies 48(2): 99-118.
Fall 2016 & Winter 2017
- Ph.D. University of Saskatchewan (Sociology)
- University of Warwick (Social Research)
- Bsc. University of the West Indies (Sociology & Management Studies)